Skip to main content

Guitar Hero World Tour Impressions!


Scytherage: Just got the Guitar Hero World Tour Complete Band Kit.

1. Graphics - better, more colorful, more detailed and more creative than Rock Band 2 (whose graphics were really just recycled from Rock Band 1....)

2. Drum Kit - 5x better than Rock Band 1's (because of the 'quieter' drum pads and the wireless functionality)

Cymbals add a whole new dynamic to the game (makes it feel like an upgrade from Rock Band 1's drum kit).

The pedal slides away if you don't position it right. If it had a heavier base or something to keep it from moving, the drum kit would have been 6x more awesome than Rock Band 1's drum kit :D
3. Guitar - Bigger than the GH3 guitar, feels more solid; huge strumbar hahaha! But great quality as usual, and as expected from Activision/Red Octane. Touch pad---I haven't used it in a song yet, just about to learn the new mechanics.

4. Best played with the METALLICA DEATH MAGNETIC TRACK PACK (DLC). Played the song 'All Nightmare Long' on drums, medium difficulty OMG AWESOMENESS GALORE!

NOTE: If you downloaded the Metallica Death Magnetic Track Pack for GH3, I can confirm that it does work with Guitar Hero World Tour! It works with both games :D

5. Song list - pretty decent, since we just bought it we haven't unlocked everything. There must be an 'unlock all songs' option somewhere hehehe....

Overall it doesn't feel like an expansion pack for Guitar Hero III, which is a good thing.
************************

Wuffy/Tankblitzer:

We have RB1, RB2 and now GH4 so here are some of my impressions:

1. The Guitar

No doubt the GH guitar is better than the RB guitar thanks to that clicking sound in the strum bar. I absolutely hate the RB strum bar since it felt so stiff and I can't time the beat of the music as much as I do with GH.

The one thing strange I noticed with GHWT is that the timing is extremely different from GH3. At first I thought my GHWT guitar was broken because I was missing the hammer-ons and pull-offs for 'The Unforgiven III' (Metallica: Death Magnetic) on hard. I also tried Rafael's working GH3 guitar and I had the same results with GHWT. Then I put in GH3 and played the same song on both guitars and I got my beat back. The timing in GHWT is definitely more strict than GH3...almost similar to RB but a little bit more forgiving than RB.

Another thing with the guitar is that the motion sensitive bar mechanic will definitely take some time to get used to. Sliding my fingers from the buttons to the motion sensitive area will take some practice. Sometimes my fingers get caught on the buttons making it harder to slide. Luckily this part of the note chart doesn't seem happen that often.

The verdict:
GHWT Guitar > RB1 Guitar

2. The Drums

While I don't play drums as much as the guitar, the sound of the GHWT drums is waaaaaaaaaaaay better than the RB1 drums. With RB1, hitting the drums is so loud and annoying that you have to turn up the volume of your game so you can still hear what you are playing. There is also recoil in the GHWT drums that the RB1 drums doesn't seem to have.

Pedal is ok...seems like it will hold compared to RB1 but the problem here is, it easily slips. You'll need to put something to stop the pedal from slipping when you're using it. The pedal is also quite sensitive and you don't need to step on it too hard for it to register.

I haven't gotten around to check if the cymbals are ok...but if there are fixes on the net it shouldn't be a problem. We modded our RB guitars because of sensitivity issues.

If you're coming from RB you might be confused with the cymbals. It certainly did confuse me at the start.

The verdict:
GHWT Drums > RB1 Drums

3. The Mike

Not much to say about this.

The verdict:
GHWT Mike == RB1 Mike

Instrument wise, the build quality of the instruments for GHWT seems better compared to RB1. I have no idea how the RB2 drums or guitars are like but I love the feeling of the GHWT instruments. No question about it, graphics in GHWT is much better than RB1 & RB2.

Anyway, I'll post more impressions on the notecharts when I actually get to spend more time with the game. Rafael should be getting his copy soon din, so I'll ask him what he thinks about the game.

Popular posts from this blog

More on PS3 Hardware Failures: AICN's Moriarty Hit By BDL

Earlier I posted about how the PS3 is no less susceptible to hardware problems. The issue was dubbed the 'BDL' (Blu-Ray Disc Laser problem) over on Pinoyxbox by the multi-console users in the community. You'd find a lot more information about this by searching for error 80010514 and 80029906. That said, I saw this post on AICN from Moriarty ....apparently he also got hit by the BDL problem. He had the console repaired by Sony, and when he got his replacement, he was hit by another problem: he encountered an issue while updating his PS3, causing his system to get bricked. So now he's had two broken PS3s in a row, and the system has lost his recommendation as a blu-ray player system of choice for consumers: "Regarding Moriarty’s Awesome Non-Stop Blu-Ray Coverage... Or Lack Thereof! Dear Sony... Y’know, some days it doesn’t pay to be a movie fan. I’ve done tons of DVD coverage over the years here at AICN, and it’s funny... I’ve heard some people actually say, “But yo

Lost Odyssey Theme Song - "What You Are" by Sheena Easton

I've uploaded the theme song for Lost Odyssey in YouTube. Check out the video below: At first, I wasn't so into the song but when I heard it in full it grows on you. The song is actually quite beautiful. It was sung by Sheena Easton. With the lyrics from Hironobu Sakaguchi and the composition by Nobuo Uematsu. Very moving song, specially once you understand the lyrics. Below are the lyrics for the song "What You Are" by Sheena Easton When you touch me It feels just like a dream With the warmth that's in your eyes When you look at me I hear your voice beside me It whispers to me I can't hide how it makes me feel The shyness you see I may never Understand how deep it goes But I know how I feel What I hold deep in my heart There's just no way to stop this It's hopeless but true I feel this love More than anything So what more can I do You know I thought I would be much stronger than I am But then I feel the boldness that's inside my heart Just melt aw

Gamers based in the Philippines: How to get in Xbox Live

NOTE: This article has recently been updated (as of August 12, 2006). Singapore no longer lets you input '00000' as your zip code. Please see below for alternate zip codes. So you're a Filipino living in the Philippines with a brand-spanking new Xbox 360. You've heard about all the wonderful stories on Xbox Live. You happen to have a pretty good broadband connection. One day, you try out the Xbox Live sign-up options on your 360, and you find out to your dismay that your country is NOT listed. What do you do? Now, you can probably enjoy your 360 without live at all, but I have to tell you: YOU ARE MISSING OUT. As Peter Moore said in the recent MS Press Conference: "Having your 360 connected to Xbox Live is as vital as having your computer connected to the Internet". He is so damned right. I've been playing on Xbox Live for almost a year now (both on my original Xbox and the Xbox 360). Essentially I found out all of this with a little bit of research, a lit