Skip to main content

GAMEHOPPER @ Ozine FEST '09 - Final day....DAY 3!

Note: There are a lot of pics for this day...so I decided to just put a link to the album if you want to see all of them.

Link to album: Ozine Fest '09 DAY 3

I will use some pics for the article below :)





Another spectacular day for Gamehopper as the third and final day for OZINE FEST '09 takes place at the SM Megamall Megatrade Hall 2! Gamers from all walks of life gathered together to enjoy games such as SOULCALIBUR IV, STREET FIGHTER IV and SMASH BROTHERS BRAWL on the Xbox 360, Playstation 3 and Nintendo Wii respectively.

Photobucket

On the Street Fighter IV front, at the start of the day both consoles had Street Fighter IV but due to popular demand for the Playstation 3 version, we focused the PS3 to SFIV and set the Xbox 360 to SC4. Many Pinoy gamers are really used to the Playstation controller and having Street Fighter IV on the PS3 was something that was asked from us at the booth, and we obliged accordingly. Of course, there were other gamers that just didn't bother with which console was actually running Street Fighter IV, they just wanted to enjoy the game! Playing it at the booth is a unique experience because unlike playing on Xbox Live or PSN, there is no lag during matches, and the atmosphere during fights is actually not too serious and very friendly. Some players who came back again and again really seemed to enjoy themselves, and maybe they even made some new friends along the way, which is just great! Others don't have a next-gen system yet, and they're finding their older SF skills still work on the latest version (and are seeing a lot of new tricks to use in the game, too).
Photobucket
This was my match with the guy with the huge 21 win streak, Tom. I was loser #20! He played Abel while I played Ryu.
Photobucket

Later in the day, some records were made in Street Fighter IV...no, there wasn't any tournament but a little mini-game emerged for SF4 where people wondered who could get the longest winning streak. At the end of the day, it was a guy named Tom who got a huge 21 win streak! [Note to readers: I hope I got the name right because to be honest I'm really horrible with remembering names....! Basically the guy with the t-shirt which said 'Malaki ang Titik O!' is the one with the 21 win streak.] The 20th match (which was against me, haha) was pretty exciting because I thought I could take down his Abel with my Ryu....but it was really hard to win against him. I did win one round hehe! Later on, a 'Legend Killer' came along to beat the champ during his 22nd match. [Note: What was his name? I forgot....sorry man! His pic is below.]

Photobucket
Win Quote: I Eat Legends For Breakfast. Mmm mmm!


The excitement during the match was just great, I wish I had a video camera to capture that very moment when the 'Legend Killer' finally kicked out the other player hehehe. But it's great that the atmosphere was really friendly during that match; both players and spectators focused on enjoying watching, playing and having a great time. Shoutouts to the 2nd placer with a 19 win streak, Eli [again, sorry if i got the name wrong. The guy with the black jacket and red shirt], and another player who was also with them named Jeff [the guy with the black shirt and red writing on it, and long hair]. Jeff's Ken is very good and fun to watch, I recall he also had a great winning streak but I can't remember how long it was! Again, to the Street Fighter guys, great games, and thanks for visiting the booth! Don't forget to try Gamehopper, rent SFIV, and play against me online hehehe (scytherage on Xbox Live or PSN....send me a friend request!).

If you see the following at any Street Fighter arcade unit, be very afraid:
Photobucket
Tom, the guy with 21 wins, the highest score for the event!
Photobucket
That other guy with the red inside shirt, Eli, was the guy with the top score until Tom beat him. He had 19 wins (I think)
Photobucket
Their prize for the day, hehehe!

Photobucket
Ryu is actually in the picture above. Can you spot him? For reference: Photobucket

Soulcalibur IV was actually still quite popular particularly towards the end of the day, when most of the gamers interested in it came in. The battles in SCIV seemed to be quite heated, with members from Pinoy Calibur showing up to provide some intense competition! A lot of players enjoyed watching the matches for SCIV and seeing the amazing display of technical prowess at playing the game.
Photobucket
SCIV is serious business.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
The PinoyCalibur crew poses with the GH Girls!

The Nintendo Wii didn't fail to amuse either, with many players also showing up to enjoy Super Smash Brothers Brawl. At the Gamehopper booth we allowed for three players to play Brawl, and this made for some fun matches between players. We noticed a lot more of the younger audience would enjoy this game, and it really shows how gaming appeals to a wide variety of players of all age groups and interests.

Photobucket

Overall, the booth for Gamehopper was very successful in showcasing the games for both gamers and non-gamers alike. It was also a great avenue to reach out to gamers regarding the Gamehopper service, where you can rent all the games you want for only PHP 599 a month. Imagine being able to try a game, complete it in three or less days, and then try another one for only a single fee per month...at the rate Pinoys play games, this service is really convenient and helps ease the burden on the wallet when it comes to pursuing the gaming hobby. Players who want to own the games can also use the gamehopper store, http://www.gh-store.com.ph/ , to buy games as well.

Thanks to everyone who went to our Gamehopper booth! Until we meet again ^_^


Popular posts from this blog

More on PS3 Hardware Failures: AICN's Moriarty Hit By BDL

Earlier I posted about how the PS3 is no less susceptible to hardware problems. The issue was dubbed the 'BDL' (Blu-Ray Disc Laser problem) over on Pinoyxbox by the multi-console users in the community. You'd find a lot more information about this by searching for error 80010514 and 80029906. That said, I saw this post on AICN from Moriarty ....apparently he also got hit by the BDL problem. He had the console repaired by Sony, and when he got his replacement, he was hit by another problem: he encountered an issue while updating his PS3, causing his system to get bricked. So now he's had two broken PS3s in a row, and the system has lost his recommendation as a blu-ray player system of choice for consumers: "Regarding Moriarty’s Awesome Non-Stop Blu-Ray Coverage... Or Lack Thereof! Dear Sony... Y’know, some days it doesn’t pay to be a movie fan. I’ve done tons of DVD coverage over the years here at AICN, and it’s funny... I’ve heard some people actually say, “But yo

Lost Odyssey Theme Song - "What You Are" by Sheena Easton

I've uploaded the theme song for Lost Odyssey in YouTube. Check out the video below: At first, I wasn't so into the song but when I heard it in full it grows on you. The song is actually quite beautiful. It was sung by Sheena Easton. With the lyrics from Hironobu Sakaguchi and the composition by Nobuo Uematsu. Very moving song, specially once you understand the lyrics. Below are the lyrics for the song "What You Are" by Sheena Easton When you touch me It feels just like a dream With the warmth that's in your eyes When you look at me I hear your voice beside me It whispers to me I can't hide how it makes me feel The shyness you see I may never Understand how deep it goes But I know how I feel What I hold deep in my heart There's just no way to stop this It's hopeless but true I feel this love More than anything So what more can I do You know I thought I would be much stronger than I am But then I feel the boldness that's inside my heart Just melt aw

Gamers based in the Philippines: How to get in Xbox Live

NOTE: This article has recently been updated (as of August 12, 2006). Singapore no longer lets you input '00000' as your zip code. Please see below for alternate zip codes. So you're a Filipino living in the Philippines with a brand-spanking new Xbox 360. You've heard about all the wonderful stories on Xbox Live. You happen to have a pretty good broadband connection. One day, you try out the Xbox Live sign-up options on your 360, and you find out to your dismay that your country is NOT listed. What do you do? Now, you can probably enjoy your 360 without live at all, but I have to tell you: YOU ARE MISSING OUT. As Peter Moore said in the recent MS Press Conference: "Having your 360 connected to Xbox Live is as vital as having your computer connected to the Internet". He is so damned right. I've been playing on Xbox Live for almost a year now (both on my original Xbox and the Xbox 360). Essentially I found out all of this with a little bit of research, a lit