Tip for people who bought the horrifically disappointing Street Fighter 5.
1) Go to Training Mode
2) Pick the character you want to get good as.
3) Pick an unfamiliar opponent, like Nash or something.
4) Make sure your network settings are set to find a ranked match or casual match.
5) Now when training mode starts, pause the game. Look for the menu page where you set the gauges (the V Trigger, EX meter, life bar, etc). Set all these to NORMAL.
6) Look for the menu page where you set the Player 2 behavior. Set it to CPU, and set the AI level to 8.
For some reason, the AI of the game at level 8 is incredible. It's loads better than Ultra SF's and is a good way to see some strategies usually employed by human players. I'm no super fighting game player, but i think its good enough, at least, for an average fighter to enjoy, since there's no arcade mode at all.
1) You can get 'knocked out', then the training mode resets the match (without reloading the entire game --- which is the problem with Survival and that's what makes it unfun)
2) Meters are all set to 'normal' so you can get used to building them up at a normal fighting pace.
3) Matchmaking is left turned on so hopefully you can find a human opponent -- hopefully not everyone sold their copies yet.
This game is at a real crisis right now. If players lose patience with the way it's 'designed' they're going to drop out, and the game is not going to be as big as Street Fighter 4.